Stop Smoking in Derby
In considering my helping you to stop smoking in Derby there are many reasons to quit smoking. For you to be successful, the only reason you need is the one that is right for YOU…. If you stop smoking, it will help your health and your family’s health…and, it will save you money.
If you quit smoking, you will have less chance of having a heart attack, stroke, or blood vessel disease. It will also lower your chance of getting cancer of the lungs, voice box, mouth, neck, oesophagus , bladder, and cervix . Your chances of having a lung disease such as asthma will also be lower. If you stop smoking, you will have less chance of broken bones due to osteoporosis.
Your family’s health
Your family will also be healthier if you quit smoking. By not breathing harmful second hand smoke, your spouse or children will have less chance of lung cancer. Your children will also have a lower chance of ear and lung infections and chest colds. By not smoking, you will reduce the risk of your baby being born prematurely or with a low birth weight. The chance of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) in your new-born will also be lower.
Do you want your children to smoke? It is well known that children of parents who smoke are more likely to grow up to be smokers.
Other reasons to Quit Smoking
If you quit smoking, you will be able to save money and decrease bad breath. Your clothes, hair, and skin will smell cleaner. Your teeth will not have tobacco stains. You may also have fewer wrinkles. Your decision to stop smoking will make the air around you cleaner. Air that is free from harmful tobacco smoke can be enjoyed by everyone.
The pay off
- In addition to being easier on your wallet and the ones you love, quitting smoking has health benefits that start almost instantly and extend for the rest of your life:
- Within 20 minutes Blood pressure, body temperature and pulse rate will drop to normal.
- Within eight hours
- Smoker’s breath disappears. Carbon monoxide level in blood drops; oxygen level rises to normal.
- Within 24 hours chance of heart attack decreases.
- Within 48 hours nerve endings start to regroup. Ability to taste and smell improves.
- Within three days breathing is easier.
- Within two to three months circulation improves. Lung capacity increases up to 30 percent. Walking becomes easier.
- Within one to nine months sinus congestion and shortness of breath decrease. Cilia that sweep debris from your lungs grow back. Energy increases.
- Within one year excess risk of coronary heart disease is half that of a smoker.
- Within two years heart attack risk drops to near normal.
- Within five years Lung cancer death rate for the average former pack-a-day smoker decreases by almost half. Stroke risk is reduced. Risk of mouth, throat, and oesophageal cancer is half that of a smoker.
- Within 10 years Lung cancer death rate is similar to that of a non-smoker. The precancerous cells are replaced.
- Within 15 years risk of coronary heart disease same as a person who has never smoked.
Stop Smoking – The cost of smoking
If you haven’t already decided to stop smoking for health reasons, then consider this. Smoking 20 cigarettes a day costs around £150.00 a month
Put this another way, if it was invested for ten years you could have one of the following nest eggs:
Individual Savings Account – £22,425
Bank or Building Society – £21,389
Stakeholder Pension – £30,700
Saved under mattress – £20,000
Why Hypnotherapy works in quitting the habit
Hypnotherapy was proven to be the best method of stopping smoking by WHICH magazine in 2014 and also NEW SCIENTIST magazine in 2015. Their findings were as a result of an in-depth study of all methods of stopping smoking. I have a 95% success ratio based on ONE SESSION of treatment.
When I help clients to stop smoking in Derby the important aspect of this is that the session is tailored to the individual client in finding the reasons and the factors why that person smokes. The reason why so many people fail to stop smoking is because there is no real incentive to give up. They feel that they have given something up “for nothing” ie. There is no tangible or immediate reward/benefit.
What I do is offer people something in return. Every time they do not smoke they will get a “buzz” far greater than the one they ever used to get from smoking.
“Hi Geoff. I came to you in February last year for Stop Smoking Hypnotherapy, I only came once and have never smoked again since. I just felt I needed to thank you as I had been trying to give up for 6 years and never managed to go more than 3 weeks, never mind 19 months !! I can truly say I will never pick up a cigarette again and never feel I want to either. I sent a colleague to you also….and yes she has also not smoked since ! So once again a big thank you. Caroline”
As a closing statement, think of this:
The difference between a smoker & a non-smoker is not that a non smoker doesn’t smoke – it’s that a non smoker has no desire to smoke. The single session costs £120.00
Tel. 01332 559 126 / Mob. 07582 865 265