Hypnotherapy for Weight Loss in Derby
In providing Hypnotherapy for Weight Loss in Derby I’m often asked how Hypnotherapy can help with weight loss. Well simply speaking there are two ways of looking at this :
- A one off session of Suggestion Therapy or Clinical Hypnotherapy – which would motivate you to eat sensibly ie, portion sizes, cutting out snacking / the usual suspects of biscuits, chocolates etc, becoming more active (where possible), cutting out Junk food, drinking more water etc etc
- If Stress / Depression / Emotional disorder is driving your unhealthy eating then clearly it would make sense to deal with that first wouldn’t it – in which case a few sessions (4-6) would be better.
Do You Do Gastric Band Hypnotherapy for Weight Loss ?
The short answer is NO !
Consider this :
- If you have a (physical) Gastric band fitted then it’s there to restrict your intake of food and is carried out by a Physician alongside a Nutritionalist for your diet to ensure you’re getting the correct amount of food intake.
- If I (or anyone else) Hypnotises you into thinking your stomach is the size of a golf ball for instance then in the short term it’ll (maybe) be fine, but once you reach your optimum weight what happens then ??? Do you end up eating less than is healthy for you and you end up being under weight and becoming ill ???
- For me it’s dangerous and is not worth the risk – is it !
- Far better for me to do therapy with you to adopt a healthy lifestyle… isn’t that so !
- This way you’ll lose weight in a healthy way – won’t you !
Why Diets Don’t Work
It may be that you are simply in a rut, perhaps you have tried diets, but just the mere word “diet ” implies something you do temporarily. So, you diet AGAINST your normal patterns of behaviour, which are in your subconscious mind. You may lose a little weight, temporarily, but because your subconscious mind likes to keep things consistent it will regulate your body to go back to what it was doing before the diet. Isn’t that true?
Your subconscious mind holds all your unconscious beliefs, beliefs you may not even know that you have. These are the beliefs that keep the weight on your body.
Your subconscious just does whatever it is programmed to do. It has received bad programming, through the suggestions it picks up through your five senses; hearing, seeing, taste, touch, and smell plus your habits play a big role, as do your emotions.
So, no matter how hard you try to break a habit at a conscious level of mind, your subconscious mind is much more powerful and will win you over, eventually causing you to go back to what is considered “normal” for you.
This is definitely NOT because you are weak willed !
It is just the way our brains function best for us. So, no matter how hard you try to break a habit at a conscious level of mind, your subconscious mind is much more powerful and will win you over, eventually causing you to go back to what is considered “normal” for you.
“Dear Geoff, I just had to write and thank you for your help earlier this year. I have managed to lose just under a stone in weight since I came to see you and am all set for my wedding in a few weeks’ time. I am thrilled to say that my dress will need taking in before the big day – all thanks to you. Gulnaz”
Example: Let’s look at anything that you learn how to do.
Eventually these things become a program, that is hard-wired into your subconscious mind, which frees up your conscious mind to do other things, primarily analyse, make decisions, and learn new things. Can you imagine if you had to rely on your conscious mind every time you need to remember how to drive your car, write a sentence, type, read a book, speak, or play sports? Remember when you first did these things? They were completely conscious endeavours. Now that they have formed into existing behaviour patterns within your subconscious mind, they are there for you, without even thinking about them.
Now, imagine un-learning these things !
For example, a new language AND forgetting English at the same time (or your native tongue)… or writing with your left hand if you’re right handed and visa versa.
THIS is how hard it is to change your habits when it comes to food or weight or anything !
It’s not that you are weak, it’s just the way your brain works and it’s really to your advantage that it works this way. Through Hypnosis – in providing Hypnotherapy for Weight Loss in Derby , I will speak directly to your subconscious mind and speed up the process of change by changing the programs. And even though your subconscious mind is 10x more powerful than your conscious mind, it readily accepts new information when you bi-pass what I call the critical factor, which is what happens during hypnosis. As you can see, in order to make true, permanent changes in your life, it is necessary to get your subconscious mind in agreement with what you want to accomplish… rather than fighting and struggling to work against it.
I will ask you mind to WANT to eat the right kinds of foods. WANT to drink more water. WANT to exercise.
“Hi Geoffrey, its Cathryn. I hope you are very well. Pity about the weather ! Just wanted to share a milestone with you – I have been able to get into my smaller sized jeans ! Before, I couldn’t even get them on, never mind fasten them. Have lost 1st 5lbs up to now. I can’t thank you enough for your help. Hope you have a lovely Easter break. Best Wishes.”
Tel. 01332 559 126 / Mob. 07582 865 265